Following a ten year break from music, a career change, and two children, Massachusetts songwriter Lisa Bastoni has returned with The Wishing Hour (2017). Produced by Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer Felix McTeigue (Anais Mitchell/Lori McKenna), and recorded mainly in the wee hours of the night in the kids' play room, the album debuted as #1 most played on Boston's WUMB. In the past year, Lisa has been selected to showcase at the New England Regional Folk Alliance (NERFA) conference, as well as the Falcon Ridge and New Song Music/LEAF Festivals. Her song "Rabbit Hole" was grand prize winner of the Great American Song Contest. She has opened for artists such as Lori McKenna, The Low Anthem, Regina Spektor and Arlo Guthrie. "Americana of the highest order...along the lines of Gretchen Peters or Patty Griffin" (Maverick-UK).
Lisa's follow-up album, once again produced by Felix McTeigue, features Folkways recording artists Lula Wiles and other special guests. The album will be released in early 2019.
- 2017 New England Regional Folk Alliance (NERFA) Semi-Formal Showcase
- 2017 Falcon Ridge Folk Festival Emerging Artist Showcase
- 2017 Rocky Mountain Folks Fest, Honorable Mention
- 2017 Mid-Atlantic Song Contest, Honorable Mention
- 2017 New Song Music/LEAF Festival Showcase